Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday....

Mood:  emotionless


I posted a quote on my facebook earlier tonight...the song has been in my head for some time.  It's one that's been nagging at me and just wouldn't go away, so I listened to it tonight.  Honestly I had forgotten most of the lyrics...it was mainly the song title and the band floating around in my head with the melody.  As I listened to the words I was taken back to the thousands of times I've listened to this song before.


Some of the times were happier than tonight.  Some were far, far sadder.  It's just...the song...while not the story of my life by any means, (I mean, I KNOW my dad and aside from business trips he was consistently in the picture) just makes sense to me.  I FEEL it.  I know it's pain and it's hopefulness.  It's insistence on "okay" and the reluctance to admit a certain defeat...


It's a hard song to describe for me.  I have the ability to twist things so that they make sense to my frame of reference, and this song?  It just fits right now.


The lyrics that have always gotten me...even before counting myself among those who were tattooed...


The scars run deep inside this tattooed body, there's things I'll take to my grave.  But I'm okay.  I'm okay.  It's been a long hard road without you by my side.  Why weren't you there on the nights that we cried....it's not okay, but it's alright.

Perhaps it's the sense of conflict that I relate to.  Perhaps I'm making way more out of this song than was intended.  At least tonight it's provided me some solace...and a jumping point for some serious thinking and reflection.  

And yes, I'm okay.  Honestly.  Some days rule.  Some days suck.  Some days are just days to get through.  The one thing I know for sure though, EVERY day is worth living.  


Should you want to hear the song that's currently in my head and in my heart...here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment